Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bloody Infection

Saw my company doctor yesterday afternoon. Actually, I hate going to company doctors because I always thought they are trying to “entertain” us only, and always thinking that we are there for one reason, MC (Medical certificate).

Just as I expected, the doctor gave me a couldn’t-be-bothered look when I’m trying to tell him the symptoms. I had a hard time describing. I felt giddiness but I don’t feel the whole place spinning.

Anyway, the doctor did some random checks; checked my throat which was okay, took my temperature, and I’m running a slight temperature 37.8. I was surprised as I don’t feel unwell at all, as in the kind of weak feeling I would usually get when I have a fever. I told the doctor and he said “Weell.. the machine don’t lieeee.” Arggh!

After which, he took my blood pressure and check both my ears, and everything was fine. Until he told me to stand up, with my arms up (like Chinese zombie type) and close my eyes. Immediately, I feel giddiness and feel myself swaying.

Doctor asked me a few other questions and decided that it might be some infection which is don’t know inside which part of my body now, hence causing the fever and the giddiness. I was prescribed antibiotics for the infection and medicine for the giddiness. Doctor also told me he had a friend, who was affected by some virus and suffered from imbalance (drowsiness) for 2 years, and couldn’t drive or even walk straight without support. Even though he recovered from the infection, he suffered the after effects for 2 years!

He also advised me to drive carefully, as I’m often behind the wheels. Till now, as I write this, I’m still running a temperature, but feeling perfectly alright, except for a few occasions of giddiness. I’m supposed to go back either on Thursday or Friday for further checks if the giddiness is still there.

No comments: