Pages

Monday, October 24, 2005

Get-together

Had a wonderful gathering with the old-timers yesterday. I had the chance to cook curry chicken since the gathering was held on a Sunday. The verdict on the dish was quite good, thanks to the killer curry powder which Mum swears by.

Angela prepared sumptuous but “evil” kong ba pau. Guess I gotta run at least 5km to lose all that calories! But it’s so delicious, I couldn’t resist. Jaime brought along more fattening food, durian cake and blueberry cake! Wow, we really know how to enjoy ourselves! Sis took over my “standard” item and bought topshell, but preparations by Jaime, shame shame on her. Haha. Cindy was the only health conscious one yesterday; she bought fruits, not-so-ripe papaya, watermelon and grapes.

We enjoyed a few hours of yak before sis’ “suppliers” came to intro and do some demo for a certain brand of skin care product. As an ex-beauty sales promoter, I’ve learnt to be skeptical whenever someone tried to sell me something and telling me how good it is. Hence, it’s usually someone else trying it for a certain period of time, and it shows obvious results, before I will “invest” in it. Anyway, had fun with the demo.

Cyrus was, as usual, going around and making other kiddos cry. Javier was hit with a phone by Cyrus twice; the 2nd time was more serious, blue-black marks on Javier’s temple. Looking at Cyrus made me think of how Tara will be at this age, and it made me cringe. Nothing can tame him, except the cane. To care for such a child, it will take lots of patience, and I think Cindy is losing hers soon. Or maybe she had lost it already. Just hope that Cyrus will grow out of it soon.

After the gals left, I spent the next 3 hours washing up, doing laundry and some house chores. Without Bob around, it’s pretty tough to care for Tara alone. But I’m coping, and thanks to high 5. I have no choice but to let High 5 “babysit” Tara. Yes, I’m another victim of the “TV nanny”.

No comments: