Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Rest from work

I've been thinking of taking a break from work, maybe one day leave, to rest and spend time with Tara this week, but I couldn't, as I still have my big job to take care of. But my body, knowing that I really need this rest (mentally), programmed itself into "rest" mode and I've got 3 days off work.

Actually, I took leave on the 1st day. Tara woke us up in the middle of the night with her loud belching sounds. Knowing that she was going to puke, I instinctively place my hand under her mouth to hold her vomit. Yup, gross! She fussed a little while I changed and cleaned her and fell asleep soon after. After about 10mins, the belching sounds came again. It went on for a few more times and by the time we can get our rest, it's almost 5 plus in the morning. Tired and beaten, I took leave for the day. Even Bob had runs the whole night, making countless trips to the toilet. We wondered if it's the food we ate at some fish restaurant. Tara ate some fish too.

We brought her to the paeds at Tiong Bahru. I started to feel discomfort, bit of gastric and stomachache but nothing happened till the next morning. Since 7am in the morning till 12 midnight, I went to the toilet 12 times, had a low grade fever, slight gastric pains, mild nausea and severe giddiness. I couldn't even stand up to shower. Went to see Kelly and was given MC for 2 days.

Being the very "outdoor" person I am, being stuck at home for 3 days is a bit too much for me, so we brought Tara to Marina Square last night. Met up with Cindy for dinner (she happened to be at Bugis). I couldn't finish my favourite Chicken with Texas Sauce from Cafe Cartel, and halfway through my dinner, I felt the rumbling feeling again. I thought it's my diarrhea coming back, but luckily it didn't. Well, although I managed to lost 1kg (think it's water), but it's not fun to be stuck in the toilet the whole day.

While we were doing a last hour window shop at Home-Fix, Tara started making loud noises, Bob and me just thought she wanted our attention. While we were ready to go, Bob noticed something on the pram cushion, Tara had pooed! Onto the pram!! In a panic mode, I rushed her to the toilet, while I'm trying to find the baby room, I saw Tara playing with her poo and putting her fingers into her mouth. Eeeuuuurrrrgggg! She was in such a mess that we've got to use the sink to bath her. It was quite cold but we've got no choice. Poor Tara, she caught my diarrhea bug. I just hope Cyrus did not catch the bug from Tara because throughout the dinner, both of them kept kissing each other, lip to lip.

Anyway, I'm back at work today, yes, I work 5.5 days a week. Still feeling weak, but can cope. But the drive to work wasn't that smooth, cos I'm still feeling dizzy spells. But I'll make my way home safely. No sweat.

No comments: