Pages

Friday, November 25, 2005

Jumping

My office is situated in a building that is almost as old as my hubby (he’s 33). There are 4 very old and battered cargo lifts in each building.

When I first started work here, Cheryl told me if I should use the cargo lift and the doors refused to close, I just need to jump and stomp hard to make it budge.

The other day, one of my client and I was using one of the cargo lift. I pressed the button, the doors didn’t close, so I did what Cheryl told me, I just jumped and stomped and keep pressing the button, trying to make the doors close (there's no close door button, to close the doors, have to press the level buttons). My client looked at me, puzzled and said, “Amy, what you doing? And why you keep pressing 7 (the button)? We are going down what!”

I was on level 7.

No comments: