Pages

Friday, November 11, 2005

On Tara’s Birthday

I had intended to bring her to Snoopy’s Place in Plaza Singapura, but I have no idea that the restaurant had closed down. Boy, am I disappointed. Eventually, we settled for Manhattan’s Fish Market on level 6. It’s not the best place to celebrate her birthday but I can’t think of anywhere else to go.

Bob and I shared a Platter for Two, much like Fish & Co.’s seafood platter for 2, while we ordered a Fishnet – kid’s size fish & chips – for Tara. The presentation of the platter was quite different, the waiter will bring out the platter and flamed it right in front of us, using a can of what looks like aerosol. Of course it’s not, but I don’t know what that is.

Verdict on the platter, 6 out of 10. By the time we finished, Bob felt nauseous, because everything is deep fried. Unlike Fish & Co.’s platter, which we can finish every single grain of the rice.

Anyway, Tara enjoyed her Fish & Chips a lot (without the crust of course). She finished the whole piece by herself! Amazing! And we can bring the kid’s menu home too. I’m gonna put it in her little album.

Last year 11th November, I gave birth to my little angel. I can’t help it, and kept smiling at the thought of how time flies. In the early hours of 11th – after the clock strike 12 - , Bob sang a birthday song to her while she sleep, and whispered to her, saying Mummy was in a lot of pain - while trying to give birth to her - at this time last year. Hey, that is so sweet..

No comments: