Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Tara’s Milestone @ 1 year

Haiz.. I procrastinate on Tara’s milestone update at 11 months, gotta update for both months now. Haiz.. lazy mummy. I shall do it in point form.

  • New words in Tara’s vocabulary, “where?” and “olio”, don’t know where she learn olio from. Maybe she knows mummy loves to eat aglio olio? Nah, she’s just making sounds, but I’m sure “where” is one new word she’s been blabbering a lot lately. And one more, "mum mum". She's not calling me, she's calling for food.
  • Since 11 month, she learnt how to stand up by herself, without support. She would applaud at her own effort, and fell on her butt almost immediately because she’s been clapping too vigorously.
  • Tara learnt that if she refuses anything, she just need to shake her head. So when she doesn't want milk, doesn't want a particular person to carry, doesn't want to drink water, she just need to shake her head and we will all understand. And she's been so hung up on this new skill of hers, she's practically shaking her head as if she's high on some drugs. And shaking her head at almost everything.
  • She also understand what I meant when I said no. When she tried to pull the newspapers, rummage the drawers, go into the study, pull down books from the shelves, I will give a stern look, said "NO!" and she will understand. Most times, she will just scurry away, looking for other stuff to play, and sometimes, like most other babies, she decided she will test my authority. Instead of scolding her, I will distract her with some other stuff. The most effective one was her singing ducky travelling on her choo choo train around the whole house.
  • She also understand a few other simple commands. When I offer her milk, I will tell her to hold the bottle and she will do it. When she pull out the bottle before she finished the milk, I will tell her to put the bottle back and she will do it. Bob always tell her to lie on her pillow when he gave her milk, and she will do it.

No comments: