Pages

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

2nd Wedding Anniversary

It’s our 2nd wedding anniversary. 2 years ago, we held our wedding dinner at M Hotel and had our wedding photo shoot at Raffles Marina. It was a very memorable day for us, despite some minor hitches we had. I still reminisce fondly even till now. I would flip through our wedding albums and watch our video montage once in a while.

Bob asked me yesterday where I wish to have our dinner. I told him Lawry’s. I’ve only been there once but I can’t forget the infamous Spinning Bowl Salad.

We decided to bring Tara along. I thought it will make this day even special and meaningful as it’s her 1st year celebrating with us. Once we stepped into the restaurant, Tara received celebrity attention! Tara enjoyed the attention as well, and was smiling, laughing and clapping her hands when the waiters and waitresses played with her.

They served us the Spinning Bowl Salad first. I remember that it used to taste even better, especially with their seasoning pepper.

After the salad, the Chef pushed the cart over and served us our Roast Beef. We ordered a California Cut each with additional cream corn for me and spinach for Bob. At the same time, the waitress served us the Yorkshire pudding which she said, goes well with the beef. The beef was yummy-licious, especially with the added topping of horseradish cream. It tasted so heavenly; I thought I’m in heaven!

On the menu, the California Cut was described as “smaller serving for light appetite”. I wonder why because the portion was so big, I had difficulty trying to finish!

They happen to know that it’s our wedding anniversary and served us a truffle (I think so) with a lighted candle. It’s so sweet of them.

Before the dinner started, I gave Bob his gift. It’s a voucher from St Gregory’s. Over the years, he received almost all the kind of gifts a man will get; wallet, belt, tie, shirt, socks etc. I’ve even bought him a Chinese teapot (which he has a collection) last Christmas. I thought to myself, there’s nothing more he needs, except to relax, that’s why I decided on St Gregory’s. I just hope that I (or he) will be able to top up additional $192 for a Spa Escape for Two Sampler. Anyway, he will be so lonely if he goes alone.

* Photos will be uploaded later*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to try Lawry's too! Mind if I ask how much was the bill? :)

Amy Choon said...

i think about $150 bah, didn't ask hubby leh. the roast beef is really yummy, you should go try!