Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas Party!

This year, we held the party at my place. Jaime told us we have excess money in our funds and we decided to order turkey and log cake to indulge. Trying to be gung ho, I offered to roast the turkey, since the ordered ones will be too big for the 8 (suppose to be 10, but 2 MIA) to finish, and from what I heard, will be too cold and tough to chew.

1 week before the party, I bought the small turkey and 2 types of stuffing. Actually 1 stuffing will suffice but it's my first time, I don't know which is good. But eventually, I didn't use both, it's a waste of money, and they are now sitting in my fridge, waiting for my next course of action (which is most probably to chuck it). I surfed the internet for recipes to cook the turkey, and I start to panic. I don't know which recipe is good, I don't know how the turkey will turn out and I kind of regret taking up the task. I finally decided on this one, and started buying the ingredients. The other day, I picked up the recipe to read (for the umpteenth time), and heard Bob telling Tara that mummy is nervous already, and go on to tell me to just order a turkey instead of stressing myself out. I put on a brave front and said “It’s just like roasting a chicken what!”, which of course, couldn’t convince even myself.

The morning before the party, I thaw the turkey in the fridge. It takes more than 24 hours to thaw.

On the day of the party, I woke up at 8.40am to prepare the turkey. Preparations didn’t take me long, as I omitted quite a big part of the recipe. By 10am, the turkey was roasting in the oven and I start to chop up the ingredients for the cream of mushroom soup, a recipe I found here.

Sis and Angela arrived first. Sis didn’t know how busy I was and just chucked me with the ingredients for her carrot and potato mash. I haven’t even tidy up the hall! Fortunately, Angela was there to help. She even helped me with the mushroom soup. What an angel! I think that’s why her name is Angela, hehe.

Everyone else arrived by 12.30pm. I told them to leave all the presents under the Christmas tree. Somehow, I believe that presents under the Christmas tree will be blessed.

We had the most sumptuous and fun Christmas party this year. All the food was yummy and my mushroom soup received rave reviews! The turkey turned out fine. Angela prepared chocolate fondue! How evil is that! Well, she almost always prepares evil stuff which we can’t resist.

For the gift exchange, Audrey got my Mphosis slippers whereas I got a set of towel and purses from Cindy. I bought everyone a bath lily each and received extra presents from Angela, Cindy, Sis and Jaime.

I think the kids are the happiest lot this Christmas, they are showered with so many gifts. Makes me wanna be a kid again. Everyone enjoyed themselves and I’m kind of looking forward to the next Christmas party already!


No comments: