Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Claiming her "inheritance"

Last night, I was working on my scrapbook stuff at the dining table. My 4 year old walked up to me, looked at my scrapbook trolley, picked out a bottle and ask:


Tara: Mummy, 这个是什么?

Mummy: Tara, 不要吵 Mummy.

Tara (picked out another bottle and ask): 这个呢?

Mummy: 不要动我的东西,可以吗?

Then she did a sweeping motion over my trolley and said,

Tara: Mummy, 以后你老了,这些东西都是我的。

Then she walked to the TV console, did the same sweeping motion and said,

Tara: 这些东西也全部是我的!

Amused, but very disturbed, I said to her:

Mummy: 哎, 我还没有老,你这么快就分财产了啊!!

I wonder who taught her that?? Is it too much TV drama? I really want to know where she learn that from. Even though it's really funny at the time she said that, but it disturbed me greatly. I've always been really cautious in telling my girl the right things because I want her to grow up with the right values.

No matter how true it is, some things are better left said when she's much older and can understand better. Claiming her "inheritance" now is way, way, way too early!!