Pages

Friday, December 05, 2008

Our car rides convo


When Bob travels, the task of sending Tara to day care will be mine. There are days when we will have really interesting conversation in the car, and it never fails to surprise me the things that is going inside the little kid's head. I wonder who has been telling my little girl all the sad but sometimes true facts about life.


Who will take care of me?

Had this conversation with the little one this morning, when I was sending her to day care:

Tara: Mummy, 以后我老了,谁照顾我?

Mummy: 那要看你以后有没有结婚了。 如果你结婚了,就会有孩子。你老了,孩子长大了,就会照顾你了。不过如果你没有孩子,就只好努力做工赚钱,老了就有钱养自己了。

Tara: 我的 piggy bank 很多钱。不过我的孩子会拿掉我的钱。我就没钱了。

Mummy (surprised at her statement): 为什么你会这么说呢?

We didn't finish this conversation, the little girl just trailed her thoughts and babbled about something else.

I want to get married

My brother got married in November. He's the last one in our family to get hitched, so naturally, we were all excited about it and were always talking about his wedding. So one day, just a week before my brother's big day, Tara said this to me:

Tara (in her whiny voice) : Mummy, 我要结婚。

I can't believed she said that, so I ask her again what was it she said.

Tara: 我要结婚。

I didn't expect that she will say this, so naturally, I wasn't prepared to give her a proper explanation.

Mummy: 结婚是大人的事, 跟你这个小孩子有什么关系?

Tara: 我没有结过婚。我要结婚。

Mummy: 好阿。等你长大了,有一个你喜欢的男孩子,你就可以结婚了。

At this point, I started to laugh, because I really didn't expect to have this conversation with a soon to be 4 year old.

Tara: 谁?我可以找谁?

Mummy: 我不知道谁阿。等你长大了,自然会找到一个你喜欢的男孩子了。

Tara: 那我找 gor gor.

Mummy: 哪一个 gor gor.

Tara: 我找 Junxi gor gor.

Mummy (!!): 不可以啦。他是你的表哥 (my sis' son)。不可以跟他结婚的,好不好。

Tara (repeating the same qtn): 我可以找谁?

Mummy (amused): 等你长大了,自然会有一个了,好吗?不过一定要是一个对你很好的男孩子,好吗?

Tara sat back, folded her arms and pout. And I"m so glad the conversation is over.