Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Amazing Loft Race - Clue 3 & 4

The layout for clue 3.



I'm not really satisfied with this layout. Because I didn't know what to do. I'm supposed to put 20 identical shapes in at least 4 different sizes. I chose to do squares but I don't know how to put it onto the layout. And the best part is, the clue was out at 10pm but we gotta submit at 12.30am before 1am! That was like 2.5 hours only. And lucky me decided to log in at 10.15pm just to take a look at the clue but got super surprised that I have only 2 hours to do the layout!!

Anyway, that was what I completed. Most probably will redo it. If not, the Amy Butler alphas will got to waste.

My layout for clue 4



Anything up there that looks like they are hand drawn are definitely hand drawn (or doodle) and painted by yours truly. I have NEVER done anything like this before. This is so unlike me! For the 1 year plus of scrapbooking, I have never done any LO without pattern paper and this challenge actually made me think "out of the box" and did something out of my comfort zone. I find myself actually enjoying all the doodling and painting. And for the first time, I actually find that a 12" x 12" cardstock is not enough for me! The clues for this race requires quite a bit of stuff, thus I used up almost every inch of the white cardstock. And I almost spiralled out of control with the doodling.

By the way, if you can't read my journaling:
"You absolutely love puzzles! I bought you your first puzzle when you were only slightly over two years. The puzzle had over 90 pieces and there is no way you can do it. You threw the pieces around, making a mess everywhere! Later on, I managed to find educational puzzles with few pieces. You started with a 12 pieces one and soon, you were able to complete it yourself! Now, you are tackliing with a 40 pieces one. I'm sure you know how to do it by yourself, but you prefer someone to sit beside you and pass you the pieces while you were at it."

A close-up picture of my doodles.



I think I wana do something similiar for my next blog banner. Getting hooked on this doodling thingy. Makes me happy.

And what makes me even happier today?



A copy of Creating Keepsakes in my letterbox. Ah.. The bliss of scrapbooking.

No comments: