Pages

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Giving up the hobby

Nah, it's just a thought.

Last night, I was feeling pretty PMS-y. I read through those posts on TSL, saw the other scrappers churning out layouts after layouts, projects after projects and I wonder, how often do I actually sit down and complete something. Maybe once a month, and if I'm really lucky, twice a month. And how often do I buy my scrap supplies? At least 3 times a month! Enough supplies for at least 5 to 10 layouts. And the amount I spent last month is enough to get me at least 2 sets of outfit, 1 pair of shoes and since it's GSS now, I might even be able to get a bag!

I'm thinking. Why do I spend so much on something I have so little time for? And why do I hoard so much supplies instead spending my money in getting myself clothes, which I really need? So for the whole of last night, I'm thinking of selling all my stash and giving up the hobby that I love so much. I think after selling what I have, I can get many, many sets of clothes!

I'm seriously thinking of giving it up. Really! I even spoke to my colleague and she asked me if I can really do it. She gave me a reason I can't remember but I think she was telling me not to give it up. She wouldn't give up hers, she told me. And hers was shopping, by the way.

And as the day pass by, I didn't really put much thought this giving-up-the-hobby thingy, until I received this:



And all my thoughts of the night before and this morning, just flew out of the window. Oh my sweet heavens! They are beautiful!!

Through the past 1 year plus of scrapbooking, I wasn't really into alpha stickers. But these are more than stickers, these are thickers! Thick stickers that is. I wanted to get my hands on them since I first saw them a month ago. And one of fellow scrapbookers organized a spree from an online US shop and I finally bought them! Thanks Huifen! You are evil! But good evil huh? And thanks for sending it to my workplace. Very, very grateful!

So, my final conclusion. How can I give up something I love so much? Amy won't be Amy if I don't do what I love right?

I'm going to get the thickers in every colour and every font I can find. Clothes, I'm still getting them, since I really need new clothes.

No comments: