Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

Jokers

We were on our way home after dinner. Bob and I were talking about Tara's school's sports day which will be held tomorrow. Bob was telling Tara maybe Mummy will need to join in and do some running or something and added that I'll definitely be the "first" (think opposite).

I said he wasn't that great a runner himself, as the last time (and first time) we went jogging together, he didn't look like he can last one round at the stadium. He said he wasn't a runner, he's a sprinter! Actually from the shape of his calves, I can see that lah but then, age and weight (especially) catching up, so it's not surprising that he couldn't run properly.

And so he said to Tara (who was also looking at him), in his super boastful tone, that if he came up second (at the sports day tomorrow), most probably there isn't anyone who got first.

At this point of time, Tara snorted and laughed. Exactly at the point when Bob finished his sentence! It was hilarious! I laughed for so damn long after that. Young as she is, Tara can actually tell when her Daddy is telling a joke or not. And that sentence was definitely a joke to her, and to me.

Amidst our laughter, I vaguely heard Bob telling both of us to alight and take a bus home ourselves.

Damn jokers, the both of them.

No comments: