Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006

Finally! Clothes for Tara!

Recently, I've been pretty worried about little Tara running out of clothes to wear. I've tried shopping around but nothing caught my fancy. It's either too cartoonish, too flowery, too expensive or too lao tu. I'm very particular about the clothes I put on Tara. She must be a stylo baby babe you know?

I've tried online shopping at Old Navy and Gap. But my orders are rejected as they are very strict about having an USA billing address on the credit card statement. Singapore motherhood often have sprees too, but by the time I wana join, the slots are filled.

The last time Gene asked me if I wanted to join her spree, I couldn't find anything I like in the size I want.

The other day, I complained to Bob that Tara has no clothes to wear soon and said the US websites gave me lots of problems when I tried to order. I asked if he's okay to call up the bank to add in the alternative billing address and to my surprise, he said okay. WAH! Usually he will frown at my shopping habits and humogous bills, and that's why I wasn't allowed to get my own credit card. Friends told me to just get it and have the bills sent to office so he wouldn't know, but I didn't wana do anything behind Bob's back, so up till now, I'm holding supplementary cards from him, and he will read the statements everytime it's sent. Poor me hor? Haiz. But the good thing is, he managed to control much of my spending (Until scrapbooking interests me, don't tell him, shhhh...).

Okay, back to topic.

So I got a letter typed out, got Bob to sign, and faxed to UOB. The UOB people rather nosy, every new CSV I spoke to, they will ask me why I want the address in. Anyway, after I've confirmed it's in, I placed another order to Old Navy but I still received an email saying my order was on hold and I gotta call them up. Darn, it's so difficult man!

I'm quite pissed at the hassle of it all and didn't wana incur too much overseas call expenses. I heard some people have to call a few times to get the order through! But that day, after I picked Bob from airport (he went on a golfing trip in China), I said the order got held again, and I gotta call the Old Navy in US. And you know what? He told me to use his phone! So I don't need to incur any phone bills. Awww... This guy is so sweet (which I later found out, was because the purchase were for his little girl). But he forgot I can reimburse my phone bill too, though not as much as his.

I made only one call to Old Navy to verify my billing address and days after, I received a sweet email and saw this on my order status.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wow, it's better than winning Toto!

And these are what I ordered.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yeah! New clothes for Tara!! Now I'm looking at shoes for the little girl and a swimsuit for myself. Hiak hiak. Oops, I forgot I gotta curb my spending! Gonna stop working soon. Haiz, there goes the new shoes and swimsuit. Sob.

Can't wait to receive the package. It will be just like Christmas. Happy.

No comments: