Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My YBIL - Photoshop and all..

I've been trying to learn photoshop. There's so many photos I need to enhance and edit before I send them for print again. Those photos were scanned from the hardcopy, so you can imagine the quality.

I learnt, I tried, I failed. My colleagues will run miles away when they saw me approaching with glint in my eye. They are sick of me, asking them endless questions on how to use the photoshop. In the end, I gave up, and started doing other stuff instead.

Until one day, my saviour, in the form of my younger brother-in-law (let's call him YBIL) came. He's a graphics design-based guy, but now doing more on directing photoshoot (wow, how cool is that!). He lived in KL but was here doing the weekend visiting his folks, who are staying at my place.

The day he arrived, he brought a super cool Canon camera, those kind that professionals use, and started taking photos of my little girl. That night, I download the pictures, wow! Why do I still need to send my girl to those photo studio, when there's a professional right in front of me.



He also showed me and Bob some of the stuff he did back home. The photos taken were okay quality (as compared to magazines lah) but after his magic hands did the editing, it's so NICE! I grabbed the chance to ask him how to do editing on those photos that I chucked aside.

I chose one, where the face details was overexposed, as in the light was so bright on our faces that we can't see where's our nose. My YBIL just did a rough editing, to show me how it's done and the effect was "WOW"!! Bear in mind it's rough editing leh! But he was too fast with his shortcut keys and the clicking. I can't catch up. Too bad I can't sit down and learn from him that night, as I still need to take care of Tara.


*Top photo before photoshop, bottom after photoshop, notice the size of my mouth? Yup! He made it smaller.. hehe*

Haiz, still have to rely on myself, eventually.......

No comments: