Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Tara's Milestone @ 10 months

The baby finally knows how to crawl properly. Some knocks expected, as she's still trying to learn how to coodinate her limbs. She always wants to start crawling, but unaware that one of her hand is still stuck under her leg. Some crying expected, but it's part of the "learning" process. Last week, she even had 2 bruises on her forehead.

Her crawling also posed another "problem" for me and Bob. We can't sit down and watch TV in peace! Okay, at the most 10 minutes and we will be chasing after her, because she will be rummaging through drawers, tugging at the newspaper or trying to poke her hand into the fan.. it never ends. No amount of toys would keep her occupied. She will be so interested in the surroundings, and especially drawn to the fan. Was telling my mum that a couple of months ago, I'm still wondering why she hasn't start crawling, but now, maybe a bit later is better.

I wonder once she start walking... Whoa! I can't imagine! She also starting to pull herself up to stand. And she would pull at anything. The sofa, the table, our hands, our legs, and embarrasingly, sometimes, my top. I'm talking about loose fitting kind of top where a little tugging is enough to give a free show to anyone who's fast enough to catch a glimpse. And I'm talking about a public place where she always gets some attention (either her big doe eyes or her shiny little head).

The baby also starting to talk in gibberish, alot! I guess she's trying to engaged in a conversation with us, except we don't understand a word she's gibbering. But it's funny sometimes. She's also starting to bite. The day before Bob left for KL, she gave him a "love" bite on his wrist. Bob, was just like a kid, showing me the redness on his wrist, complaining that the baby had bitten him, at the same time trying to hide the grin on his face without success. Funny Daddy, think he's a masochist. I've also got a few bites from her. My shoulder, my hand, my leg.

The baby can now follow simple commands. She will clap hands when we say "pai pai shou" (clap hands), wave bye bye when we say and wave "bye bye", kiss us when we say "kiss", lean herself towards me when I say "hug hug". Sometimes, when she's in a good mood, she will crawl towards me when I beckon her to. When I say "wash hand", she will search around for her purple basin, and when placed next to her, she will put her hand into the water, waiting for me to help her clean. It's so cute.

Another 1.5 months to her first birthday. Time really flies....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. U must be so excited abt her upcoming Birthday right? At Hard Rock? WOW!!!

Amy Choon said...

I scrapped the Hard Rock idea already. It's totally out of budget since I've got so many people to invite. haiz....