Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back to School

Tara went back to school this morning, after 2 long weeks of absence. Since a couple of days ago, I have been asking her if she wants to go back to school. She always replied yes and kept rambling on the teachers' and aunties' names. But when I said she must not cry when she goes to school and she decided she can't promise me that, so she kept quiet.


This morning, I asked her where is she going, while changing her into her uniform. She said school. I asked where is Mummy going, she said work. And I asked where will Papa be going, she said work. A good start I should say.


When we reached the school, there were 2 teachers screening the kids near the entrance. Tara still remembered where is her pigeon hole for her shoes and the getting-really-particular young lady took a while getting both shoes neatly in the pigeon hole. Taking out one shoe, putting the other in, took it out again and put both in until she was satisfied that both shoes are sitting nicely together.


We queued up to have her temperature taken. Teacher Mingchue, who was at the next screening station, saw Tara, said hello to her, and Tara started crying. Although she was crying, she was able to listen to instructions. I told her to move to the next chair after taking her temperature and she did so herself, although still crying. Teacher Mingchue got her to open her mouth, showed her hands and feet and she did so accordingly. And when Teacher Mingchue said she did really well and asked her to give herself two thumbs up, she did so too, with tears still in her eyes, though. So cute.


As we walked to the classroom, she started bawling again and wanted me to carry. I carried her to Auntie Chen and to my surprised, she reached over to let her carry and then said bye bye to me.


I guess she understands that she has to go to school and Mummy and Papa has to go to work, so even though she didn't want to be separated from me, she knew she has to.


This picture was taken on the way to school this morning. Noticed a chicken box scar on her nose? I asked her to smile for the camera and she gave me a crooked smile.


No comments: