Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tara has chickenpox

Last week and yesterday, the school gave parents letters to inform about chickenpox cases in the school. There's only 1 case last week, from K1 class and yesterday, there were 5 cases. Only 1 case in Tara's playgroup class though.

About 3 plus today, when I was in my manager's room, my colleague intercom me and said Tara's teacher called me. I knew something wasn't right already, and told my colleague that I'm worried Tara might have contracted chickenpox since there's so many cases already. I returned call to the teacher and she confirmed the dreaded news. She said there's quite a number of red spots on her body, one on her right eye brow and one on her neck. I saw the vesicle on her brow last night, but I never thought much of it since Tara has no fever.

Bob wasn't able to pick Tara so I took time off work and went to her school. She was kept in the office and was crying when she saw me at the door. Teacher Ming Chue was with her. She showed me the spots on Tara's back and her neck. She said Tara saw her classmates going into the Nemo room (indoor playground) and was pretty upset that she couldn't go. Tara had a good appetite though, both the teacher and the administrator looked so proud when they said that Tara finished her tea.

We went to Kelly's clinic in the evening and the doctor confirmed she has chickenpox. Tara's only given calamine lotion, fever and itch medicine.

I had wanted to bring Tara for her chickenpox jab once her persistent cough goes away. But it's too late.

Tara is still as active as ever though. With only low grade fever. Now my only worry is that she will keep scratching the spots. Tara kept touching the vesicles and I stupidly told her not to scratch them, to which, she immediately did so. I should have just shut up.

Just now, I counted the number of spots while changing her for bed. Total 18 spots. See if there will be more tomorrow.

No comments: