Pages

Friday, March 02, 2007

Biting Ants Attack!

Last night, Tara and I had dinner at my parents' place (Bob's away on business trip). We took the lift down with my Dad and after Tara said goodbye, we walked to the car.

The minute I placed Tara on the passenger seat, she started crying and scratching her feet. I took a closed look and saw many black ants on both her feet. And I saw this really big one biting the big toe on her right foot. Immediately I pull a piece of tissue and tried to pull the big ant away. The big guy refused to budge! It took me quite a bit of strength to finally pull it out. And when I removed Tara's sandals, I saw the bitten area starting to bleed.

It took me a while to remove most of the ants from both her feet. All the ants were biting my darling! I'm not spared either, but I only had about 4 or 5 bites, whereas I found at least 20 ants on Tara!

I was very worried about the bleeding wound though, and called up Kelly's clinic to check if I should bring her in for him to take a look. The assistant told me to do so. Kelly checked and told me that it doesn't look like an ant bite, which is supposed to be a just a hole. Tara's looked more linear and look like a scratch. I thought I might have scratched her in my haste to remove that ant. Kelly disinfect the area and said he can prescribed a cream if I want one. Since he said it wasn't an ant bite, I didn't ask for the cream.

When I reached home, I told my PILs about the ants biting Tara and the bleeding wound. My MIL said ant bites doesn't cause bleeding. Well, I'm not so sure about that but I had to use a bit of strength to pull the big ant out, so I'm not surprised if it caused a scratch there and then. Then again, I remember I used a tissue to catch the ant, so I don't think my nails would have scratched Tara.

On the trip to the clinic, a couple more ants still managed to get onto Tara's body to bite her, I was driving at a fast speed and I told Tara to smack the ant so it won't bite her. I said Mummy is very angry because the ants are biting my baby, I said tell the ants to go away. And almost immediately, Tara said "Angry! Go away!" and kept smacking herself, laughing away. Funny girl loh, still can laugh at this time. I was so worried. Even when we reached the clinic, there are still ants biting her! I even found 4 on her hankie!

I tried to recall the route that we took to the carpark prior to the ants biting episode. Both Tara and me only stopped once and for less than 15 seconds! I'm really not sure where the ants came from. I've already told Dad to go investigate and report to the RC (where he's a member) to do something on this. My Brother told me both he and her girlfriend was bitten before too. Around the same area where I parked.

Tara had nightmares last night and kept waking up crying. I'm not sure if it's the ants biting episode or still because of school.

But one thing for sure, I'm very sleepy now.

No comments: