Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Day 4
Our flight was at 2.30pm. We left the hotel at 11.30am and the tour guide brought us to one final location, the usual kind of tourist-ripping local snacks shop. It's so expensive, the cost of one packet of tidbit can buy you one pair of shoes. I slept late the night before, so I was dead tired. After cheonging to Ximending for one last time with Cheryl, stocking up instant cup noodles, I couldn't wait to get on the bus for a short nap.

Once we reach the shop, the tour guide told us to use the toilet first. Obediently, we trotted to the toilet. I was last in the long queue. Tired, sleepy and slightly grumpy, I gave up queuing and walked out. I heard the tour guide calling my name and I thought, did something happen, I lost my passport, left something in the hotel room or something, cos she never address us by our name before. I saw a small crowd of colleagues already gathered at the table.

I walked towards them and saw the surprise.

A birthday cake for me!

I was so touched, I'm almost speechless! My colleagues gathered round and sang me a birthday song. It's a really... really nice surprise. Cos we were still in Taiwan and none of my colleagues (except Cheryl) knew it's my birthday so I wasn't expecting anything and it's just like another normal day to me. I think I will remember this birthday in many years to come. Oh yah, the fruit stall owner there gave me a big "jambu" too.



The candle was a question mark, so funny. The tour guide said she don't want to reveal my age so she got the question mark candle. Right picture taken with the tour guide. Thanks Kelvin for remembering to take this picture. I was in such a daze that when they told me to make a wish, my mind was in a total blank. Everything was so sudden so I didn't prepare my "wish list".



We each had a bowl of meat ball vermicelli before we left for the airport. It's very tasty and the meatball was quite crunchy, but some of my colleagues said it taste like those instant bee hoon we have in Singapore. Hmmz, don't think so leh.

Oh yah, I wore my new shoes which I bought on my first day in Taipei, at Ximending! I love it so much but none of my colleagues share the same sentiment. Not nice meh?



The one reason I love flying. Blue skies, beautiful white clouds. Makes me happy.



But I'm even happier to be home, cos my babies are here.



Total damage after 4 days in Taipei: Approx S$1,000

Nothing much to buy and I have no idea why I spent so much. The additional 2 pcs of luggage was mainly the snacks and tidbits. Feel so unbalance, no clothes, no bags...

To summarize, Taipei is fun! I would love to go back again, cos it's a food paradise to me. And I love food! That explains my size. Hehe. I miss Taipei already. Haiz.

No comments: