Pages

Monday, May 08, 2006

So Guilty

After having a kid, just going to the movies or anywhere with hubby and not bringing her along, makes me guilty as hell. I know, I know, I should relax a little and enjoy our couple time instead of having Tara "tagged" along everytime. But thinking of her, cooped inside the house with the old folks while we enjoy ourselves at the movies, just made me felt like a bad parent.

Bob and I used to go to the movies a lot. Well, what else is there to do in Singapore besides movies and shopping? Recent months, we don't remember watching a single movie so we decided to drop Tara off at 3rd aunt's place together with my ILs and catch a movie at Great World. On May Day, we watched "Sixteen Blocks". Great show! I paid another $6 to get a voucher for drinks and popcorn. Actually, my main motive of getting the popcorn was to get my hands on the very nice big metal tin which they used to contain the popcorn. Bob asked me what I'm gonna do with the tin, and I told him I don't know, I just know I wana get it that's all. He went on to shake his head and giving me the "women!!" kind of look.

Yesterday, we went back to Great World again. This time, to watch "Mission Impossible III". Whoa, 2 movies in a week! We have almost an hour to spare before the show start so we strolled around for a while. I bought a set of bedsheet at Aussino for Tara's new "bed". Delicious colours and the price is so yummy too. $14.80 for 2 pillow cases and 1 single bedsheet. Still half an hour to spare and we didn't know what to do, nothing to shop. Boring couple outing eh? So I told him we'll just go to the arcade. We used to go arcade quite often too, pre-kiddo of course. I love to play "Time Crisis II", so damn exhilarating to shoot-and-hide. But I realised my aiming wasn't as accurate as before. I used to be able to take down the baddies in one shot each during my younger pre-mummy days. I had so much fun I almost forgot I'm a mom already. Well, 30 minutes went in a flash and we had to rush into the movie theatre.

Halfway through the movie, I kept glancing at my watch. 2 reasons, I desperately need to take a leak and I miss my baby terribly. In my mind, I kept think, has she woke up (she was sleeping when we left)? Has she taken her porridge? What is she doing? Blah blah blah. The guilt comes back. After the movie, I chided Bob for not bringing Tara out, leaving the poor tot at home while we have fun. Hehe, I just wana make myself feel better by pushing all the blame to poor Bob.

I kept telling myself I'm bringing her to the zoo next week, and promised myself that I will spend the whole of next Sunday with her. No more movies, at least not on weekends. It's gonna be strictly family day on Sundays, I hope.

No comments: