Pages

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fun with Tots @ the Library

I thought the "Fun with Tots" activity was on at the library last night. I was late so I rushed there in a cab, (which takes me a mere 3 mins and cost me $4 [$2.80 + $1.00 surcharge]) only to be told that the activity is only held every last Wednesday of the month. I thought it's every Wednesday!! Super blur me...

During last week's activity:
I wouldn't say Tara enjoyed the activity tremendously. She loved interacting with other kiddos and she was happy toddler there. Totter around the room, climbed up the stage, lie on the carpet, disturb other kiddos. She done everything, except sitting down quietly to enjoy the stories, which was what she's supposed to do.

The activity was quite chaotic, and I'm not surprised. We are talking about a bunch of toddlers here. About 10 of them I think. To control a bunch of toddlers is no mean feat! Some were very active, some screaming, some crying, some running around. My Tara was of course, one of those who were running around, but I'm glad that she didn't make much noise.

The very rare moment where she actually sat down to listen.

The sing-and-dance segment. She's more interested in watching others.

Tara up on the stage and looking at a Jie Jie on the other side of the glass door

Away from the group, roaming around the room

Tara didn't listen to much of the story, and was more happy roaming around the room. Only during the sing-and-dance segment did she get more involved, but her interest waned as quickly as it started.

While queuing to register for the next session, a couple was complaining to the "storyteller" that the tots were out of control, which I agree too. But he made a lot of other funny comments which tells me he is just one of those hard-to-please type of parent. I guess he's expecting a lot from the $2 fee that he paid.

After I've registered for the next session, paid for the lost book fine of $20, signed up Tara for "Reading Cub" program, I brought Tara to the read aloud section. The kid, again, refused to sit down and listen. She prefered going around playing with other kids, moving books from table to table, picking books from the shelves, climbing up chairs. I love this section, the tables and chairs are low enough for the toddlers but comfortable height for the adults. There were some bean bags strewn around the area and daddies and mummies can be seen cuddling up with their kids, reading stories to them. So cosy, so nice.

The kid doing acrobatics on the low chairs

I love libraries!

Now, I'm just hoping for the day when Tara will quietly sit down beside me to read her book while I devour my novels.

No comments: