Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bob went to KL & My Shopping Trip

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Bob left for KL this afternoon and will only be back next Monday. As usual, Tara and I sent him off at the airport. We had a quick meal at Burger King before he left in a hurry. Tara and I strolled around the T2 and took the sky train to T1. Barely 20 metres of walking into T1, I decided to leave, what's there to see in Changi Airport besides those travellers coming and going. It only makes me feel envious, and wonder when is my turn. (It's coming soon, yeah!). And the airport has ample space for Tara to totter around.

Towards the end, Tara walked towards me and wanted me to carry and make noise when I didn't.

While we were waiting for the sky train, we saw this couple, taking their wedding photos at the airport. Romantic! Maybe the bride is one of the cabin crew, that's why they decided to take their photos there. Hmmz..

I thought of going to some neighbourhood mall to shop before I go home but I realised that the nearest is Tampines Mall (if I'm not wrong), and Bob said I will definitely lose my way and told me to go Bugis instead. I hate going town on weekends cos it's really crowded and finding parking is difficult. Eventually, I still ended up at Suntec. Fortunately, I managed to find parking pretty easily.

Tara and I went to the Family Link first and I reserved this at ELC (Early Learning Centre), it's on 50% discount, at only $30! I'll just need to go Toys R' Us to get those plastic balls. Hope Tara will be really happy with this new toy. Now, I gotta think of where to put it. *scratch head*

After I've done my shopping at Carrefour, I thought of going to Marina Square to have my dinner Carl's Junior. I've always wanted to try the large burgers there but Bob will cringe when I mention fast food. Besides, the sky cast a dark shade of gray, too risky to walk there and too troublesome to drive so I just thought I will try the restaurants downstairs. When I reached the basement, I glanced to my left and was both astonished and elated to find Carl's Junior right beside. There weren’t any seats so I stood beside this small table, where the occupants were ready to leave. Once they stood up, this very no manners auntie just plonked herself onto the seat! From the look on her face, I know she knew that I was waiting! I was piffed, but I didn’t confront her because even if I did have the seat, I wasn’t sure of how I am going to order since I’m alone with Tara and pushing a pram full of shopping bags. Yes, I’m pushing a pram alone! And this woman, with no sense of shame, decided that she needed the seat more than I do! I stared hard at her anyway and she tried to ignore me. Eventually, I settled for a small Beijing restaurant, where I had xiao long bao and zha jiang mian.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyway, spent quite a bit at Suntec. I bought Munchkin suction bowls and straw cup for Tara.Had wanted to get bedlinen, bibs and hankies from Aussino but the shop wasn’t well-stocked. Maybe it’s the sales season. I’d better plan my next shopping trip soon. Still got lots of stuff to get before Chinese New Year.

No comments: