Pages

Monday, January 09, 2006

New Year Eve and New Year Day

I started the first working day of 2006 really stressed up. The big job didn’t go smoothly. Now I’m trying to resolve the issues with my client, crossing my fingers and hope everything will turn out fine. The payment has to come in on time as I’m planning a Hong Kong trip with the commission.

We spent our last day of 2005 at Stella’s shop, Lala (reminds me of sambal lala, yummy), having barbeque, curry chicken and fried bee hoon. It’s a quiet affair, with the staff of the shop, their partners and Stella’s mum and sis, and of course, us and Ronald and family. The whole bunch of Sec school’s buddies (Bob’s) was invited but none of them turned up, except for us and Ronald. We only get to see them during occasions like full month parties or kiddos’ birthdays nowadays. Those were the days where we would meet up almost once a month, on every single occasion. Once babies started coming into the picture, gatherings got lesser and lesser.

Anyway, the small party at Stella’s wasn’t much fun, as I knew none of them except for Ronald & Janice. Janice and I made small talk about kids and work while our kids tottered around. Actually only my kid tottered, because Ryan is three already. He’s really cute. Asked Bob and me our names and called us by our name rather than Aunty Amy or Uncle Bob. After about an hour or so when they reached, Ryan got pretty restless and kept telling his Daddy he wanted to go home. When both his mum and dad just dismissed his requests, he walked over to where I’m sitting and in his cutest tiny voice and saddest puppy eyes; he said to me “Amy, I wanna go home, Amy”. It’s so cute I kept laughing non-stop. Even after a few days, Bob was still harping on how cute the boy is and how much he likes boys like him. He told me whenever I feel stress at work, just think of Ryan, and the way he talked to me that night. Too cute.

Despite my recent recovery from diarrhea, I decided to indulge in the oily and spicy food. 3 days of bland food is enough, I really need something to stimulate my taste buds. I ate everything, from the curry chicken, to the Taiwan mini sausage, to the yummy otahs. Pure indulgence.

At the struck of 12, they lit up sparklers to celebrate. Seconds after, we heard loud booming music from the nearby pub, another few seconds later, we heard the fireworks and another few seconds, we heard a group starting their countdown. Everyone’s start their countdown on a different time; they should have synchronized with the countdown on TV.

Well, the next day, I treated my family to a brunch at Carlton’s Wah Lok Restaurant. I’ve been there twice before, really like the food and the prices, and thus decided to bring my family there. We used to have a monthly brunch of dim sum but that was before I had Tara. It’s pretty nice to have a meal together once a month, we really should do it again.

Halfway through the meal, my tummyache act up again. Just when I thought the bug had gone… After our meal, we went to OG at Chinatown and I practically sprinted to the loo. Yup, I will never listen.

No comments: