Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Fulfilling Sunday

I woke up early yesterday morning, at the soft thud of Tara falling off the bed, she whimpered a little but was fine. I checked her body for any redness but couldn’t see anything visible. Fortunately, she was feeding well hence I didn’t worry a lot.

Since we woke up early, I decided to bring Tara downstairs for breakfast. She sat in her pram beside me, behaving quite well, while I feed her a meat bun. When we reached home, I quickly shower her and put her in the sarong for her morning nap. While she slept, I cooked her lunch, a very healthy combination of organic brown rice, organic carrots, organic spinach and new potatoes. I did the 2nd round of laundry. I have to wash all the curtains and could only do it bit by bit. In total, I did 6 loads of washing! I was so worried the washing machine will just explode in a mist of black smoke and die. Considering out of the 6 loads, I soaked 3 loads for 2 hours each.

In between the washings, taking down and hanging up the curtains, I cleaned and wiped the curtain tracks and rods, sweep the floor, tidied and cleaned part of the study room, fed Tara her lunch, one round of milk, her dinner, cooked and ate my own healthy dinner (vegetable soup with Japanese noodles), took a 1 hour nap and even played with Tara, bathed her again and took her to Jurong Point to get some stuff and $$ and then to the pasar malam at night, came home, put her to bed and did this entry, before I finally succumbed to the comforts of duvet at 2am.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tara at the pasar malam, making funny faces at the uncle sitting beside us, while I feed her and myself some junk.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Tara's healthy brown rice porridge, and a bottle of vegetable fruit juice and my very yummy vegetable soup noodle.

I never knew I could do so much in 1 day. When Bob came back today and I told him the amount of work I did, he said I’m only hardworking when he’s not around. Of course! Usually he will spend his weekends in front of both his laptop and the TV. How hardworking can I be then? So I usually nuah on the sofa and watch TV. Not that I need him to help me with the chores, I’m actually quite happy tidying the house by myself, cos he’s only going to mess things up, throw things I want to keep, and put things in all the wrong places. I can be really disciplined when I want to, you know? *smug*

Yup! A very fulfilling Sunday for me, I’m happy.

No comments: