Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

Chinese New Year - Day 1

On the first day of CNY, it has always been a routine to gather at one of my uncle's (Mum's brothers) house, they take turns to host the CNY party. Mum had 7 siblings so it's a pretty big gathering. Even though I'm not close to most of them, somehow, I'm already used to spending my CNY with a big bunch of relatives. I have to give out many ang baos, to those little nieces and nephews whom I don't even know by name. Come to think of it, I didn't know the names of my cousins' spouses either! There's too many to remember! 2nd uncle hosted the gathering this year. I went Mum's place to bai nian before we left for uncle's place together.

Tara wasn't fazed by the big crowd. She was walking around the whole time, and refused to stop to let anyone carry. She would flashed her toothy grin, looking so friendly, and giving the wrong idea that she can be carried. Many tried, nobody succeed. Sometimes, not even me. When my Mum is around, I'm her 2nd favourite person. But I'm not jealous at all, because she's my Mum. I wouldn't say the same if it's someone else! Bob is the only other exception.

We went back to Mum's place and decided to have a mahjong session. Dad, Sis, Bob and me. Mum took care of the kids. I'm really lucky to lose only $16, considering that the stakes was 0.50/1.

After the short game, we rushed to 3rd aunt's place. A relative of theirs was waiting for us, or Tara to be exact. When we reached, Tara just woke up from her nap and willingly let the relative's daughter to carry. Tara even rested her head on her! Surprisingly. I saw this daughter only once a year, and every year, she grew more and more pretty. This year, she blossomed, into a ravishing beauty! I guessed there would be countless suitors going after her. I promised to email her the pictures she took with Tara. But I realised all the pictures were gone. Left only a few! Even those taken in the morning were gone! Hence, there weren't any morning photos to show either. I'm so sad!


Image hosting by Photobucket
Tara looking really cute with the mandarin orange carrier

No comments: