Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Chinese New Year - Eve

I haven't bought my shoes so I thought I would try my luck on the last day before CNY. 3 places on my agenda; Suntec, Marina Square and Bugis. I'm looking for those peep-toes which I know I would definitely be able to get at Far East or Heeren but I don't think I would wana get caught in the jam there, besides, I need to collect the inflatable castle from ELC, and I need to exchange a pair of pants at Bugis.

I reached Suntec at 11am, the whole place was quite quiet. I remembered I saw a nail salon on the same level as ELC. My badly chipped nails needed some professional sprucing up. To my dismay, it's closed! For new year already! I didn't want to do my own nails, like I did every year, cos I always do it really late and lose precious sleep. My appointment with Lala on Friday had to be cancelled too, as I'm too busy with work.

I proceed to ELC for the castle. I'm supposed to collect it last Monday, but I forgot about it and Tuesday, the day which the staff told me that they will put it back for sale, I was too busy with work. On Thursday, I did went to ELC and couldn't find any stock on the shelves, but I didn't ask about my reserved item either cos I thought they had sold it, I was really disappointed. I only asked the staff if there's any more stock. 2 hours after I left, they called me to remind me to collect the item. They did set aside the item for me! But then said they will put it on the shelves (again) on Friday. I did collect it, on Saturday instead. When I told them my name, they went "Oh!", and immediately, picked out the item without even checking the name on the note. They must have silently scolded me for not picking the item earlier.

Cindy was supposed to meet me at Marina Square, so I thought I would go Bugis to exchange the pants first so we can have more time to shop at MS. When I reached Bugis, I knew Cindy wasn't able to join me so I might as well shop there. I decided to try the nail salons to see if there's any available slot. Lucky me, I managed to get an express manicure at Hollywood Nails. I opt for a red, and realised it look funny. Short nails and red don't go together. So I shopped for a set of nail art while waiting for the nail paint to dry. I had a really fulfilling trip to Bugis, I even get to trimmed my eyebrows, bought a belt and a brooch, 2 pairs of shoes and 4 pcs of undies.

Reached home at almost 4pm. Cleaned up the kitchen and dining table before we left for Mum's place for our reunion dinner. This year, Bob decided to have the dinner at Mum's place, cos he knows how much I wanted to have it there, on the actual CNY eve. He's such a dear. Steamboat dinner as usual. Left for 3rd aunt's place at about 9pm. Although we are not having dinner there, I thought we should at least be there, even though Bob don't find it necessary.

Went back home, finished my final "grooming" and tidying up. Only managed to settle down to do the nail art at about 2 plus, finally get to sleep at 3 in the morning. And I thought this year I'm very well-organized, having had most stuff done already, and will be able to get to sleep earlier. *shrug*

No comments: