Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Chinese New Year - Day 2

Image hosting by Photobucket
Tara: Hee! Let me show you how I can do a peace sign and dig my nose at the same time!

Usually this day, Aunt (Dad's elder sis) would come to Dad's place to bai nian. But ever since Grandma passed away, we have been going to her house. It's a respect for the elders, I heard. This year however, we went to Cousin Didi's place instead. Cousin Didi's newborn son was born prematured at 27 weeks and thus the lungs wasn't well developed. My new nephew, Edward, was discharged only recently, after 2 months in the hospital. Even till now, oxygen has to be constantly available cos he might stopped breathing anytime. That's why cousin had to stay home.

We had our routine poker session. And Tara was really fierce, shouting and screaming whenever her demands wasn't met. She definitely didn't leave a good impression with my Aunt and cousins! Hehe..

Image hosting by Photobucket

At cousin's place

Went back to Dad's place for a nap before going to 3rd Aunt's place for dinner. 1st Aunt's daughter, 40s and single, always had to hide whenever Tara was there. Don't know why but Tara would cry really hard when she sees her. Although I thought Tara was being a little ridiculous, but the past 2 nights after seeing her, Tara didn't get a good night sleep. Always wake up in the middle of the night crying. So I thought it's best to avoid seeing her. When I told MIL about Tara crying when she sleeps, she dismissed it as lack of sleep and too much play. I had to tell her it's not that cos she always play a lot and slept little. I thought I saw her felt a little irritated by my comment. But then again, she's only been here for a few days and she's already making assumptions. MIL just likes to make lots of empty assumptions, based on what she thought was right. The last time she was here, she actually argued and was really adamant on the point that xiao long bao is dry on the inside, not watery. My FIL, BIL, Bob and me were telling her there's juice from the meat that makes it a tang bao, but she insist she's right, it's dry. Nobody could change her mind. And she always thought that Tara was sticky to her. And I thought she's really good with her assumptions, to the point I will go speechless, and just put my hands together to applaud her imagination.

We went back early cos Bob and me were simply too tired, but we still managed to take some family pictures.

Image hosting by Photobucket
By the way, the pink piggy beside Bob is not part of the family, i repeat, not part of the family.

No comments: