Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Digital Camera!

Yippee! Finally got a new camera. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face when Bob bought it. We went to Funan IT Mall on Monday night to get it. We didn't compare prices and Bob, being the very un-lei cheh person, just decided to get it, despite friends telling him there will be another IT show in April, and other shops are selling it at maybe $10 cheaper.

Bob only wanted to get Canon cameras, and since I'm the one who's constantly using it, I asked for a compact one. That leaves us with only 3 choices; IXUS i zoom, IXUS 55 and IXUS 750. I really loved the i zoom, I thought it's really small and the colours are cool, but the 55 and 750 are definitely better in terms of optical zoom, LCD monitor etc. I thought I would settle for 55, since it's almost comparable to 750 except for the megapixel. But Bob got other ideas, he prefered to pay $170 more for the 7.1 megapixel 750. I'm totally fine! Well, he's the one paying right? The sales guy was telling us unless we intend to print up to A3 sizes, a 5 megapixel one will suffice. And 55 is slimmer as compared to 750. But Bob insisted on the 750. We got quite a few freebies; a camera pouch, a LCD screen protector, a 512MB SD card, a SD card reader, an extra battery, total worth at least $150! I hope it's a good deal..


After Bob paid for the camera, the sales guy asked if we wanted to get a personal photo printer (oh man! He can read my mind!), and went on to show us how the Selphy CP-510 works and printed a test-shot photo of Bob and Tara from the new 750. Well, needless to say, Bob bought it. He's so impressed with the quality and the price of the Selphy, and of course the 30 cents price of per piece of photo. The sales guy threw in 2 packets of paper and ink for 36 photos and a carrier bag. Bob bought an additional pack of paper refills and ink for 108 pcs.

Bob saw the look of my face;
Bob: Happy hor?
Me: Of course lah!
Me to Tara: Daddy very rich hor? Hehe..
Bob: Hng...

I really love the new camera! I've been shooting anything and everything with it since I got hold of it. It's more like MY camera than Bob as I'm always the one using it. Don't ask me if the quality is better cos I really can't tell yet. But I can say the functions are much better than the Olympus! And it definitely came at a right time, Tara started walking yesterday!! Actually she walked a little on New Year's eve but had refused to walk again until yesterday. Maybe she preferred Mummy to shoot the moment on the new camera? Hehe..

No comments: