Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

My day as a SAHM

Last Wednesday, I had to take leave from work to look after Tara, which was good, since I've always wanted to spend a day with her alone.

I woke up early, about 8.00am. Tara was sleeping soundly, after her morning milk feed. I called office at 8.30am to take a day off, settle some work issues, did the laundry, and log on to email my buddies.

I sms Cindy and asked if she wants to meet me for breakfast. Tara woke up, I dressed her and decided that we will go for breakfast. Thought of cooking porridge for her and decided to go Jurong Point to get the ingredients.

My driver came to collect a client's file and since I have to walk to the car to get it, I might as well drive to Jurong Point. I thought of strolling there but the weather was so hot, both of us will be cooked by the time we reached there. Did not receive any reply from Cindy, sleeping soundly I guess. I left the house at about 10am.

We had breakfast at Coffee Bean. I ordered Eggs Ben. Not as yummy as before. Hmmz, too much cheese this time. Tara did not like it much either, and would crinkle her nose when I gave her the eggs, but the little tam chiat girl still ate a lot.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Grabbed the groceries at NTUC and drove to the new library. Borrowed 4 books and went home. Oh man, the weather was a killer. I was praying that Tara will not get sick cos we were going in and out of aircon premises and hot sunny outdoors.

The moment I reached home at 12pm, I received an sms from Cindy. Finally! The sleeping beauty. Hehe. We decided to meet for lunch, but I had to let Tara have her afternoon nap first. I bathed her, put her in her sarong, cooked her porridge, and surf net again. 2 hours of peace and quiet, I managed to edit some photos, and did some housekeeping on the folders. Too much clutter.

Tara woke up at 2.30pm and I went down to the coffeeshop to meet Cindy. Coincidentally, both Cyrus and Tara are wearing stripe rompers! Whereas Cindy and me wore Hard Rock tees.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Tara enjoying Cyrus' biscuits

We chit chatted till it was almost 4pm when I saw someone familiar. He was sitting at the table just beside me, and didn't noticed that I was in front of him. My ex-boyfriend! I quickly hid myself behind Tara. Actually I don't mind bumping into him, even though that time when we broke up, it wasn't exactly harmonious. But I was in such a mess! My hair was messy, I look hideous without make-up and not in an exactly presentable garb. I tried to hint Cindy but she was busy chasing after Cyrus and then hiding herself cos she too, saw her ex-schoolmate. Haha, the irony.

After a while, I gave up hiding and just pretend that I didn't see him. From the corner of my eye, I saw that he was looking at me, most probably thinking, "Wah! Is that her?! Fat and ah soh (aunty) leh. Lucky we not together liao." It wasn't easy to feel at ease in his presence. I told Cindy that we should head home, since we would be meeting that night again.

While we were walking back, I told Cindy who I saw and the Miss Kay Poh actually walked back to take a look. She told me he don't look like the kind of person I have described. Actually bumping into him brought back all the unhappy memories, which I will blog about later.

Cindy and I have yet to finished our conversation and decided to go to the garden down our blocks. We continued our chit chat while the kids roam around the garden, plucking leaves.

The cute little tots looking at the neighbour's dog

Acts of vandalism, at such young age. Look at their cheeky faces!

Reached home at around 5pm. Log on again, edit more photos and did more housekeeping and msn-ing, while Tara watched Hi-5.

Met up with the girls in Jurong Point (yup, again) at 7.30pm. Lots of catching up, gossipping and chit chatting over dinner at a pizza place. Finally reached home at around 10.30pm.

Washed up, showered and rest for the day.

End of my SAHM day. Kind of mundane and typical of a SAHM life but I kind of enjoyed it. Being away from the hustle and bustle of working life once in a while is pretty rejuvenating.

No comments: