Pages

Friday, March 03, 2006

I regret

When I first shifted into this house, I never thought I would have so many issues after I have a baby. When my friends came over to view my new house, they would always ask the same thing "Eh? Where's the baby's room?" Baby's room? I never thought that I will need a baby room then. And I just conveniently pointed to the guest room, which is across the hall to my master bedroom and said that's going to be the baby's room.

I do have another bedroom, which I converted for other purposes. Half of it is my study and the other half is my walk-in wardrobe, which I'm so damn happy about. I have sealed the original door of this room, and hacked a door each for my study and my wardrobe.

I've never had major problems with this arrangement, until after I gave birth to my little girl.

Actually, it's not immediately after I gave birth. You see, I'm not comfortable with my girl sleeping all by herself in another room so she has been bunking in with me and Bob in our cosy little bedroom. She had her own playpen cum bed. My PILs started staying over. They stayed in the suppose-to-be baby's room and it has since become their room, or so, they thought. They would stay for a month or so and would go back to Malaysia for a month and come back again. Though I'm not comfortable with others in the house, I didn't have a choice. Everything was fine and everyone (almost) was happy, so there weren't any big issues.

Now my girl has grown, her barang barang, i.e. her toys and clothes, has grown too. There's no place for me to keep her stuff. I pestered Bob, telling him I need to convert the only spare bedroom into Tara's room soon cos I simply could not find any other way to do this. Bob agreed, he understand that his little girl will need to sleep in her own room one day. I started packing Tara's toys, and planned on how I wanted to decor the room. I shifted all the barang in the hall into the room.

Then PILs came over for their one month stay, and I gotta shift those barang out into the hall again. And I thought, Tara will never get her own room if PILs are going to come over often. Now I'm stuck. I wanted to create not only a bedroom but also an activity room for Tara, a place where she can play and maybe do some drawings and stuff and I'm gonna need a whole bedroom.

So now, the only place I can target the study room, although it's a 1.5m x 3m space, I thought a toys and activity room is better than nothing. I told Bob we gotta shift the computer to our bedroom. He refused at first, cos he felt that computers don't belong to bedrooms and our room is quite small already. But it didn't take me long to convince him. And he told me to do whatever I want.

Now the big headache is, how do I do it? The study room has a lot of OUR barang which I could not find a place to keep. It also has a big frosted glass door which is very child-unfriendly. I've also got low no door bookshelves with lots of books. And I'm now faced with another big headache. Every night, I would go home and look around the house, looking for some inspiration, for some ideas which can save me lots of trouble and money.

I'm gonna drop by Ikea, hope that I can get a really nice and affordable small computer table. Guess I'm gonna take little steps at a time now.

Big headache. I should have converted the baby's room much much earlier. *sulk*

No comments: