Pages

Friday, March 17, 2006

Trip to Sim Lim

Yesterday morning, Bob called me and gave me a task. I think I'm becoming his personal assistant or something! And he kind of forgot that his personal assistant is a part-time one who has a full time job.

Anyway, he told me to go Sim Lim Square and get a DVD writer. He decided to get one cos the games he wanted to buy are all DVD roms. As usual, we seek the advice of computer expert, Joe, Cindy's beloved.


Armed with the model and brand, I went to Sim Lim Square. I have problems initially, cos I don't know how the hell do I get to Sim Lim in the first place. After some navigation on my street directory, I managed to reach the side of the road where the EXIT of the carpark is. Fortunately there's public parking, if not, I gotta either make an illegal U turn on the 1 way road or exit ERP and pay the charges to go in again.

Sim Lim sure is a bustling place, even though it's a weekday afternoon. The first shop I went was selling the writer at $88. I sms Cindy and told her that and Joe, who happened to be at home, checked and told me to try another shop selling at only $74.90! Auntie me of course chiong there, only to find that they don't carry the stock. Cindy directed me to another shop, no stock either. And I was about to give up hope and go back to get the $88 one when Cindy told me to try one more. I managed to get the BenQ 1640 at $78. *Thanks Joe & Cindy! Muacks! You guys are the best!*

I've also bought a Logitech EX 111 wireless keyboard at $58 in the same shop. I'm not sure if it's a good buy? Initially, I told Bob I thought of getting a compact one and he wanted wireless, which only comes in the bulky sizes. The first shop I went, prices were ranged above $80. But Bob said he will pay and told me to just get it. Alright, he's the boss right? I'm just the personal assistant. Anyway, I did managed to get a little savings for my boss.

At night, I mumbled that I'm like a maid, told to do this and that and he retorted jokingly "You don't use meh? You use more than I do okay?"

Alright, he won again.

No comments: