Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

Bakerzin

I've always love the Strawberry Shortcake and Tiramisu from Bakerzin. Especially the Strawberry Shortcake. It's the most yummy cake in the world!

Last Monday, I had a lunch date with Bob at Milenia Walk. He told me he wanted pasta but said to meet him at Bakerzin. I was like "Huh? Bakerzin for pasta?! You sure?"

It was the first time I had a meal at Bakerzin. Usually I will order takeaways for the cakes. While I was flipping through the menu, did I realised how suaku I am. Not only they have pasta, they also have lamb curry, chicken curry and even escargot!

I ordered the escargot dish and strawberry shortcake while Bob had Clam Pasta. They were SO YUMMY! I'm surprised that a shop specializing in cakes (well, the shop's name is Bakerzin mah) will have such delicious fare. Especially the pasta, it's even better than those so called pasta restaurants.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Since we had such a wonderful meal there, we decided to have a dinner there too. Last Friday, we brought Tara to United Square. This time, we ordered more.

At United Square, Tara enjoying her car ride

I had a pork chop with greenish-vege-coated pasta, while Bob ordered a mushroom pasta and shared a plate of flaky pizza. We ordered pumpkin soup for Tara, which tasted so-so only.

As expected, the pasta was wonderful. The flaky pizza is, well, too flaky for our liking but the toppings are yummylicious. For dessert, I decided to try something new. I had Warm Chocolate Cake and Bob ordered a Mango (yuck!) Mousse Cake.

Bob gave Tara a taste of his Mango cake and I think Tara hate it cos when Bob tried to feed her again, she turned away, with a disgusted look on her face. Well, that's my girl, mango are such smelly stuff.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The chocolate cake came with a vanilla ice-cream shaped as a strawberry on top. I almost went hysterical with happiness when I saw the ice-cream melting down on the cake! I love chocolate, cake and ice-cream. Put them all together and you will see a 27 year old started behaving like a excited kindy kiddo, literally jumping on my seat, well, almost... Then when it came to the centre of the cake, thick creamy chocolate oozed out and mixed with the vanilla ice-cream, oh.... I almost went giddy with glee! To think that a small plate of $9.50 chocolate cake can make such a big impact on a big adult like me.

The guy behind Bakerzin, I think his name is Daniel. Oh, you are the man, you are the man.....

No comments: