Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

While Bob was away

Over the weekend, Bob went back to his hometown for qing ming. He left on Friday night. I didn't take arrangement for Mum to care for Tara so I brought her to the office on Saturday. Fortunately, my office is quite okay with bringing kids.

After I knocked off, I didn't know where to go. It's the first time I felt so lost without Bob around. There's nothing to look forward to, nothing to do and nowhere to go. Finally, I decided to bring Tara to Great World, cos it's the nearest decent shopping mall from my office and there's a Cold Storage there and I need to get some groceries for dinner.

Actually I've tightened my purse strings cos it's towards end of the month but I need some "retail therapy" to sooth my lonely heart. So I bought these.


It doesn't matter that I don't need most of the things I've bought. Anyway, Huggies Pull Up Pants 12s were selling at $9.95 for 2 packets and the promoter gave me 4 pcs of sample. I also bought Heinz Baby Biscuit for Tara, Cindy gave Tara 2 to try the other day and she likes it a lot. For all her snacks, I bought lock and lock containers. I love lock and lock containers! Grabbed packet tissues and a pair of ladies' boxers from Watson's and of course, my groceries for dinner. The breadtalk flavoured bread cost me $4 but Tara only managed to try one slice each of the Green Tea and Pineapple bread before it was consumed by an army of ants. I wonder where did all the ants came from!

And before I start shopping, I had lunch at Kenny Rogers while Tara slept. The yummy roast chicken never fail to cheer me up. *slurp* And I realised there's a new book store in Great World! Harris. And it's so nicely done up. I literally had drag myself out of the bookstore man before I started piling books at the cashier for payment.

I had a wonderful movie night too. Watched "Just like Heaven" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". Movies that I won't have a chance to watch when Bob's around. Actually, Bob enjoyed watching shows like "Gladiator", "Behind Enemy Line" sort of shows and I enjoy tremendously too, but once in a while, I love to giggle and laugh at romantic comedies. But I can only watch it myself cos Bob think these shows are crappy and meaningless. But he will still buy the DVDs for me whenever he can. The 2nd movie was so hilarious, I laughed myself silly, and almost neglected Tara. She had to do a lot of funny actions to catch my attention. Highly recommended show!

Despite eating alone, I actually bothered to make a decent dinner for myself.

On Sunday morning, I brought Tara to Jurong Point for breakfast and bought some fresh scallops for her porridge. Cindy and Cyrus came over for lunch with us. I cooked porridge with spinach, carrot, fish & scallops for the kids and century eggs with scallop for me and Cindy. I'm glad Cindy love the porridge, even though it's a little too dry and it's my first time cooking it.

Afternoon, we attended Gerald's birthday party. Both Angela and Sis couldn't make it at the last minute, which kind of bothered me a little. But still, we had Evelyn with us and she annouced her wedding dinner will be in July. Ohh, another pink bomb!

Bob was suppose to be back in Singapore at almost 11pm but and he sms me and said he will be taking the 6.50pm flight back from Kuala Lumpur instead. I had intended to drop by Andrew's to fix his specs but due to the rush, I had to fly to the airport.

Image hosting by Photobucket

While walking to the carpark with Cindy & family. I took a few shots of the kids playing at the garden. They were so cute! Chasing each other. Very entertaining. Had wanted to download the video but the file is too big.

While waiting for Bob at the airport. 2 sisters start to play with Tara.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The younger sister on the right tried to carry Tara while she was running and both of them tripped and fell down. Tara hit the back of her head against the edge of the chair and cried so loudly, that everyone turned and look. The little girl, got scared and ran away. Minutes later, the elder sis came over and asked if her sister was responsible for the fall but I just told her Tara was just careless. Well, little kids, what to do right? I had to cajoled Tara with lots of biscuits before she finally hushed up.

Well, I'm monitoring her now. Hope there's no vomitting or stuff.

No comments: