Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2006

While we were sleeping

On morning these days, I would usually wake up either to the sound of the toddler throwing things around or to find her roaming around.

This morning, in my half asleep state, I saw her walking around the room but I'm too tired and fell asleep again soon after. I was suddenly jolted awake by the thought that she might hurt herself in the hall (door was open) and started shouting her name. I couldn't find my specs where I left them and I couldn't see at all, cos at 800 degrees on each eye, I'm almost blind as a bat. I found Tara sitting at the doorway. Later Bob appeared with my specs and said the little girl brought the specs to him while he was in the kitchen toilet.

Usually, when she woke up, she would start blabbering to wake us up or she would poke our eyes or touch our faces and we'll know that she has awaken. But nowadays, we don't even know she's awake. It's quite worrying as our windows were not fitted with grills. I can't even imagine the consequences should our little girl decides to climb up the windows while Mummy and Daddy were sleeping. Or she might decides to dip her head into the WC for a wash. Or she might fall and knock onto some sharp edges.

All these thoughts struck fear in me. I must be more vigilant from now on.

No comments: